Monday, June 11, 2012

She Knows


There are days when my impatience with my daughter seems to exceed my calm.

There are days when I sit at work and cry because I did not get to see her morning face.

There are days when I have my computer open more often then it's closed while she plays.

But on the sam,e day, I can whisper in my daughter's ear that I love her and have her whisper back in my ear, "I wub to" doing this at least 10 times while she smiles a huge happy grin.

On the same day I can hold her and rock her before bed time as she lays her small head on my shoulder and attempts to wrap her toddler arms around mine.

On the same day I can smile as she cups my face in her hands and sings a song that is in no way gibberish to her.

She knows I love her.

She knows she's special.

She knows she's cared for.

At 8:30 PM when I sit on my couch emailing/grading/looking at Facebook, this is what matters.
She knows.











No comments:

Post a Comment