Saturday, October 1, 2011

TV Shmeevee

We've always tried to keep TV to a minimum in our house. Having a 19 in TV screen helps with this.

Since moving to Mexico, James and I have found that we just don't have the time to sit down and watch a show, nor do we seem to want to much anymore.

Since having Isa, this has just been a norm. We never have the TV on. She's usually more interested in running around the house anyway, or reading a book, that we're too busy keeping up with her to get engrossed in an episode of House.

But, then it happened.

As I was perusing youtube, I stumbled across a video from Sesame Street featuring Feist as the special guest, singing about the number 4.

One word... Awesome.

Isa loved it. Since then I have found other great short Sesame Street videos featuring an array of musical guests like Will I Am, Jason Mraz, India Arie, and many more.

I forgot how much Sesame Street rocks. Seriously, it's smart, it's witty and from a teacher's perspective, it uses engaging strategies to get kids excited to learn.

I heart it.

I do.

Just to prove it, here's one of Isa (and my) favorites as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment