Monday, October 10, 2011

Who Wins?

I try to do a lot.

Not only do I do a lot, I attempt to do it all well.

Teaching, motherhood, being a wife, a friend.

Here's the thing.

It's impossible to do it all and do it all well.

Something's got to give.

That's a hard pill to swallow for me.

As a first year teacher, I want to put 100% into the job.

As the mother of an ever growing, ever developing 16 month old, I want to put 100% into loving and nurturing her; fostering her development.

As the wife of the most incredible man, I want to put 100% into supporting and loving him.

I could go on, but I'm already up to 300% and I'm pretty sure that puts me 200% over the limit (I'm a teacher, so I know these things).

So what do I do? Well, as my incredible husband said to me the other day, what's most important?

It's a no-brainer.

Their names rhyme with Shmeesabela and Lames. They win. Every time. Hands down. No contest.

So what does that mean for the job? It means I might not be a great teacher this year, but I will be a  good one.

I'd rather be a great mother and a great wife.

For me, for them.

They win.

My loves

No comments:

Post a Comment