Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkins, Weddings and Stomach Flu

I took part in these three things over the weekend. The first two were voluntary; the latter, not so much. Over the weekend, Isa, James and I were in San Diego to celebrate the wedding of some dear friends.

It started out all right. Some pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, a visit to a Fall Festival on my old college campus. Then on Saturday it hit.

24-hour stomach flu. The nastiest case of it I had ever seen. It started with Isa who came down with it on Friday while we were out with my mom. Then, I came down with it on Saturday before the wedding... yeah, really bad timing.

Next it was James later that night, then my mom, my uncle, my cousin's daughter, a friend I had hung out with on Saturday, my mother-in-law, my Aunt, then my cousin.

I'm not joking. It was crazy.

It was a real-life contagion.

James and I were so sick Saturday night that on Sunday morning when we were supposed to catch a flight back to D.F., we knew there was no way it was going to happen. We called the airline and rescheduled it for Monday instead and decided it was best.... although being out an extra $400 to make the change was definitely not best for our pocket books.

We have since recovered and are getting back into the swing of things here in lovely Mexico City.

When all was said and done, we were still thankful we went and thankful to have seen loved ones.

We miss San Diego. We miss the weather, the beauty; but mostly we miss the people.

People are what counts, and we have some good ones there.

The kind you want to keep around forever.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.... before the flu.... hence the smiles.

Our Little Pumpkin

The Happy Couple, Andy and Tyra

My Handsome Man

No comments:

Post a Comment