Friday, March 16, 2012

A Teacher's Day

Classroom Antics:

The scene: The kids and I are sitting in a circle on the carpet throwing a ball around and naming different geometric solids. The kids have named all but one.

Me: OK, there's one more and I'll give you a hint. It's two words and the second word is prism.

Federico (my student): (confidently raises his hand, catches the ball) CYLINDER!

**********

The scene: My students are presenting their end of the unit projects on a form of communication. Two boys are presenting on rap music. They've graffiti painted huge rolls of cardboard and lied them on the floor and around them like they are in a room. After setting up one of the kids says, Ms. Lauren, hit the lights. I do as he says and start the song "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida.

Gal (student): starts "break dancing". I use this term lightly as it was mostly him running in place and jumoping around like crazy. The music slows down and he does the robot, all while rapping and singing the words perfectly.

Awesome day.

And in case you haven't heard it, here you go:

1 comment: