Monday, April 30, 2012

Toddlers, Pinterest and Why I Love Them Both

OK, so I definitely love one of those things more than the other.

When I first heard about Pinterest, I thought to myself, what's the big deal; it sounds kind of silly, however I joined anyway.

Now, I see what the big deal is. I can't explain it. There's something so great about perusing the internet and "pinning" things to keep and look back at from time to time. I guess you just don't know it til you try it.

OK, so why am I writing about Pinterest? Well, thanks to one of my recent pins I found this great idea for kids.

Basically you mix flour with baby oil and it created a thicker flour that you can mold like sand. I put the mixture in a large tupperwear, threw in some spoons, cups and smaller tupperwear and let Isa go to town.

The girl loved it! While she didn't do much molding, she did enjoy spooning piles of the flour from one cup to another. As the time progressed she realized it was way more fun to actually throw it.
All in all it was a great time and kept her busy for about an hour. As for the time it took to make it, it was probably a total of 3 minutes. I put everything outside on a towel, which seemed to keep the mess somewhat contained so clean up was super easy.

If you choose to try this at home and your kid is anything like mine, be prepared to give them a bath afterward.

Here's a progression of photos documenting the enormous fun that was had.


Things started out pretty contained

However, as things progressed, they got a bit messy

Until finally it became a game of "throw the flour everywhere."


So much fun going on!

My one word of advice would be don't wear black leggings while partaking in this activity












No comments:

Post a Comment