Monday, May 28, 2012

Joy

I saw this quote the other day and it completely caught me.

How much joy do I have in my life?

It's huge.

And yet, how often do I diminish that joy when I start comparing it to what others have.

It's so easy to create that list in my head. The list of things I wish I had or wish were different.

I almost began to type it here and then I stopped myself.

I'm not going to go there.

I'm not even going to let my fingers type it down.

Because when I allow myself to go there, to think about it, to create this list, even in the name of a blog post, I am allowing those comparisons to win.

Right now in this moment I am choosing joy. I am choosing to let that be the focus and to let that overcome those comparisons, because joy deserves it.

My joy, my daughter, my marriage, my unborn son, my bi-cultural experience; all of it deserves to be put at the forefront of my mind always.








1 comment:

  1. Well said! I was thinking along similar lines last night while I failed to fall asleep. We have to learn to look at the positives in what we have rather than in the negatives of what we think we should have...

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete