Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summa Summa Summa Time

It's hot.

The suns out.

Summer is so close I can almost feel what it's like to sleep past 5am, to finish a cup of coffee while watching my daughter run around with messy hair in her pj's, to not make lesson plans or grade papers.

Admittedly, it's been tough to stay motivated in my classroom. I can feel my students slowly slipping away into the lazy-day fog that is summer and I can feel myself letting them.

It happens to every teacher. This profession is hard and one of the only ways we stay sane is by taking a large break for the month of June and July. It's one of the main reasons we return to do it all over again the next school year.

This summer will be my last with just one child. I plan on relishing in my daughter and the time we will have together, knowing that come September my time with her will be even more limited.

This summer will be a special one. We are not taking some crazy whirlwind vacation. We are staying in Mexico City at home.

Staying.
Resting.

No airplanes, no road trips, no need to see everyone we possibly can.

Had you told me a year or two ago that we wouldn't be visiting friends and family in the U.S. over the summer I would have laughed in your face and said, nice try, batman.

But now, as summer approaches, I am thrilled by the idea.

This just goes to prove how much this place has become my home. It is where I feel comfortable and where I can rest.

This is where my family is.

So, cheers to warm weather, fans, being barefoot and messy 2-year-olds.

Here's an oldy but a goody to get you as pumped up as I am. You know you love it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment