Monday, February 13, 2012

A Prayer

Dear Lord,

I pray for perseverance. I pray for your kind of strength. I pray for your kind of love. It's a love that knows no bounds; that doesn't just cover, but engulfs.

Forgive me for trying this phase of my life on my own; for forgetting that I have this resource to draw on. You are my water in the desert, my boat in the waves, and yet, I've forgotten.

I've tried doing this in my own strength now for some time and it's exhausting.

I don't expect a magical kind of strength to take over, but I know that some of this burden can be lifted. I have someone standing right in front me, willing to take some of it; no, not willing, but begging, asking.

So, what's my answer? I know I have a choice. I have a beautiful choice presented in front of me to either take this hand that's being offered; or to reject it and continue on my own.

It's time I took your hand. Yes, I've always loved you, I've always known you love me, but it means nothing if I only allow for those to be words in my life.

If I truly love you and if I truly believe you love me, I will take your hand. I will allow myself to rest in your arms and strength.

It's all part of your beauty. It's all part of this "love" I claim to know so much about.

Lord you are my strength and for that I will forever be thankful. Thank you for the reminder that your love is not one to be taken from time to time; but is to be chased and gripped, to be covered with and applied daily.

Amen.

1 comment: