Tuesday, February 28, 2012

OK, I Admit it

So I have something to admit....

When I sit in my classroom in the early morning, preparing for my day...

I listen to country music on Pandora.

It's true. There's no denying it now that it's out in the open.

So, now that I've put it out there, I must also admit that I love it.

It makes me feel cozy, happy, upbeat; all things I love feeling in the morning; things that get me ready to welcome in 24 8-year-olds with enthusiasm.

Today I heard a song by Blake Sheldon called "God Gave me You."

Now, normally this title alone would make me switch the station due to the cheesiness of it, but I let it slide.

The lyrics go like this:

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I’ve lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it’s true
God gave me you

On my own I’m only
Half of what I could be
I can’t do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo

I loved it. It's James. It's me. It's us.

So maybe country music brings out a little cheese in me, but I loved this reminder that my relationship with James is so incredibly special.

So cheers to the quiet mornings, country music and my wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment