Thursday, February 9, 2012

Strength in the Forest


Strength...

I need some.

Inner, outer, everywhere... strength.

James and I could use a good covering.

Our bodies are weak and tired, both from sickness, lack of sleep and too much work.

Isa has been dealing with a weird eye infection, as well as throwing up this morning.

I had to leave my sick baby with the nanny to take care of her as I went to work since I already skipped work yesterday to be with her.

None of this is easy.

In fact, it's really really hard.

We went through a similar spell last year when James was writing his Masters Thesis. We were in the forest and all we could see were the trees.

Well, right now, just as then, I need to be reminded of the clearing that follows the forest. I know it's there, but it's hard to remember what it looks like.

Lord, give me strength to make it through each day, to see beyond the trees and to love in the midst of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment